Monday 24 January 2011

Textile Piece

I was set the task of creating my own textile postcard using my urban and rural research - my first idea was to hand stitch an image which i had taken of a street in Manchester but found it would have taken far too long to complete for the deadline. I found Jenny Hart's work quite inspirational towards my own as I liked the way she could stitch quite delicate images by hand:




For my final pieces I used two Images - one of Liverpool and another of Manchester, and used a phototransferring method. Then over the top of each i did some hand-stitching with different bright coloured threads to add more of a home made feel to the postcards. I stitched the address lines and stamp box into the back to make them look a little more authentic.






No comments:

Post a Comment